Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
Nothing but High Praise for this shop and all of their employees - Family business that provides exceptional service. Drove me home while they worked on my car the picked me up upon completion... Won't find that level of customer service at many privately owned repair facilities.. Customer Forever Boys!!!!!!!!!!
I had a pre-purchase inspection of a used car done at Pry Automotive in Butler. I was helped by Dominic and the service was amazing. My experience was one of honesty and straightforward communication. I live about an hour away and had scheduled this inspection to be done over the phone. Dominic had the vehicle come in as soon as he could, examined it, and called me afterward to give a comprehensive review of the issues and helped me figure out hypothetical costs for repair. This was my first time buying a used car and Dominic gave excellent advice beyond what was expected. I would highly recommend this location.
I heard about Pry from a new neighbor upon my recent move to the area. After having a new battery installed on my Jeep at a different shop, it failed inspection since the sensors had not completely reset, which I have learned is a common problem. I called Pry and explained my problem and John was as professional as you could ask for. He new my issue reassured me that it's a normal occurrence and I have set an appointment to have it repaired and inspected at Pry. I'll review after the work is done, but if the telephone call is representative of the way I'll be treated I believe I have found my local shop for all my car repairs and maintenance.